Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hour of joy !


Around festivals, vacations, marriage etc., the mind automatically switches to a joyous mood in anticipation of things to come. Right from the weekend to the festivals, I feel the mind celebrates more in preparation of the moment rather than the moment itself.

While at the office, my mind started to relax after that important weekly review meet on Friday afternoons and the seemingly bigger challenges are warded off to Monday, which is two days away! The sight of people leaving early silently, the mounds of backpacks stashed at the entrance, people in their casuals - all indications of the spring to come and the sparrows would warm up their wings deep inside my heart. However late I come in, when I switch on the special dim light around the dining table for a relaxed dinner with a soft tune on my lips, my family knows its weekend time. After I quit office, I see my daughter doing this and couldn't conceal my smile!

Years back when I used to prepare the crackers list many times over and over again, before presenting the final demands to my dad, it was more of a celebration time than the actual Diwali!

Around vacation, the preparatory activities, the planning, trouping to the railway station for booking tickets in the pre IRCTC era and the eve of the departure when the whole house will be packing, it was joy all around. I remember the eve of our family's Varanasi's tour in 1996, when the house looked like as though we were preparing to vacate the house.

When I purchased my first Siva PC in 1988 at an astronomical price of Rs 25000/- , I could not sleep the previous night as I kept dreaming as to how I could do all things that I was doing at the training school!

Prior to the booking of our new dream apartment, we kept on discussing for days, planning customization  exclusive places for our pet activities and articles. It was days worth remembering.

The night before I actually got the appointment order for my dream job, which was a lifetime ambition, I hardly slept. I was spreading & smelling so much joy, the smile was on open display on all faces in the house.  

I feel the days preceding the celebrations are more enjoyable than the D Day itself. So, enjoy the days before Diwali with crackers, sweets, friends and family. Let the light of hope, camaraderie, prosperity & health,  prevail all over the world! 

Happy Diwali !

2 comments:

  1. Very True.
    That is why there is this Philosophical saying "Enjoy THE JOURNEY ITSELF; not only the Goal"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sivasankar Babu wrote on 10-Nov-2012:

    "Beautiful. The anticipation is better t ham the happening.
    I really enjoy the preparatory work more than the event.
    I could relive similar things in my life."

    ReplyDelete