Thursday, July 4, 2013

What to Do?

Some months back I took against a bank hard for having charged me unfairly in my Cash credit account and were after them through all ethical means until I got the charges reversed. As is with me, I promptly sent a message to the Manager thanking him, though there was nothing to thank them as I had to make couple of repeated calls to remind them to do so. I felt this is how I should close the issue, so that they don't accuse me of not having informed them when the interest was reversed while I was always after them for this. But , to my disbelief, I got the same wrong debit reversed again ! Which means they have over paid me.

The same situation happened to me (I don't know why its me always at the receiving end- pun intended) again when a popular cinema hall charged me for an online transaction but failed to deliver the service. After I took up with the Credit card provider and also the Theatre , I got the wrong debit reversed - this time also twice !

While I promptly informed both these parties about the double credit, it still remain un-reversed even after a month ! Now I am in a dilemma what to do - whether to keep reminding them or keep cool with unexpected bounty- though small they are ! I do not want to be accused of sharp practice as  was done to the great Mahatma when he pointed out a wrong entry in his client's account, which argument made his client lose the case ! At the same time time, I would like to wait and see as to how their accounting system detects this or test the efficiency of their audit system against leakage of income.

I am at the crossroads of a middle class dilemma. If some one could guide me on this, I will credit them with lots of good wishes, even twice !!

4 comments:

  1. Chidambaram Subramaniam posted on 5-Jul-2013 "Very interesting situation Let us wait and see."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ulagammal Paramasivam posted on 4-Jul-2013 " ..Nice to know that you got excess credited! J

    My suggestion would be to wait till this month end and then remind them again to get the extra back and question them how their monthly balancing checks are taken care. But based on your explanation, I presume that again, it might get debited (and do not want to mention the work twice) for which you might have to do multiple times. I hope that does not happen; but leave it to God. J ..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anand Sivaraman responded on 4-Jul-2013 "I appreciate your eagerness when you are in both the ends, normally people will be eager to get credit and not for debit...."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veeraswami V responded on 4-Jul-2013 "Write a letter to branch concerned with copy the RO or local GM."

    ReplyDelete