Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happiness


Happiness is a very relative term whose real meaning gets changed under different situations, circumstances and moods. Some find happiness in being with the family, with friends, chatting, listening to music, serving others, helping the deprived, earning more, being gluttonous, supporting the needy and many more. Some even find happiness in being alone and thinking. There are poets  "who also serve by standing and staring", deriving happiness in their own unique ways . I recently experienced yet another dimension of true happiness quite unexpectedly.

I was invited to be a friend on a popular corporate network and on a query I found that the person just wanted to befriend me though we have not interacted before. After some time, I was asked about the existence of opportunities for him in one of my erstwhile organizations. I directed him to some contacts, though I was not very confident of their usefulness, as I had lost touch with them for many years. After some weeks, I was informed that he got placed in that organization and I was stunned. I was truly happy because I never expected this to click but a simple direction has changed the direction of his life. I am not overwhelmed by his encomiums but am immensely delighted that such simple acts could also yield results. I realized yet another meaning of happiness on that day !  

2 comments:

  1. On 1-Jan-2012 T.M Natarajan wrote " Helping people will always gives happiness.. Helping with out any expectations that too for an unknown person will give enormous happiness
    Good !"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Said sir. Simple gestures or acts to one on a timely need makes them happy. It is always said, There is no way to Happiness, Happiness is the only way.!

    ReplyDelete