Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Century


When I visited my blog today, I was happy. I had reasons to be happy on many counts.

I am happy that I have not made any updates for over a month.

I am happy that involuntarily, I have detected some pattern of my activities and thoughts. It appears April is an otherwise busy month, which has been keeping me occupied & kept me away from my blog. It does not mean that I had nothing to share or express. My Blog master has more than ten topics under 'draft' all under
different stages.

Happenings over the past week gave me different thoughts. Some angered me, some pacified me and some kept me thinking. All of these gave enough fodder for me to share. But, somehow, it never took me to the stage of culmination, where from it was ready to share.

There have been occasions when I had made more than one post in a day, many posts in a month and no posts at all. This irregularity helped to convince myself that I do not rush to convey and at the same time do not hesitate to share if I had multiple thoughts even on the same day.

Incidentally, I also noticed that I have made 99 posts so far and this one will be my hundredth! I could by no stretch of imagination compete with Sachin but here I notice that I too had a yawning gap between the 99th and 100th posts!!

On noticing this milestone , I went back to my posts and realized that there have been many feedbacks, comments , advices and suggestions all of which I respect and am attempting to implement, wherever feasible.


There were people who were impressed, enhanced inputs to my posts, suggested on the frequency of posts, shared how they have implemented my thoughts all of which humbled me.


My initial thoughts, when I started this canvas two years ago, was to "pen my thoughts- capture my kaleidoscopic mood swings and incidentally welcome visitors and their valuable feedback". The ideals enshrined on the fly has been mostly met, I believe.

In between I also went back to the reading room to know more about 'blogging', where I learnt about the frequencies of posts, monetizing the blog etc., Thankfully, there are varied opinions on the number of posts - some had suggested once in a month, some many in a day and some whenever you feel like. Nothing is overdose neither anything is underplay. For instance, Amitabh posts daily, almost publishing his public
diary. But, all the feedback are taken in the right earnest and many lessons have also been learnt.

Fortunately, I have no intention of monetizing my blog and so my focus in that area was
minimal and only academic.

When there was a drought of posts, I was thrilled when some queried whether everything is fine at my end !
This canvas is a very creative medium for me to exclusively express my thoughts and if the visitors turned well wishers and vice versa were concerned about it, my day is made. I now have a commitment to
improve myself as my thoughts are no more private and so I have a social responsibility too.

I take this opportunity to thank all those who had visited and provided feedback, those silent editors who read but held back their feedback, those who encouraged and those who implemented some of my suggestions.

Though the idea when I created this blog was not to go after audience, I am truly overwhelmed by your responses, suggestions, encouragement and support.

Expanding on these, I have also created a page in Facebook called "Vox Populi", to which I invite you all and share your ideas too.

Shortly, I also propose to come back with some announcement , which I am sure will enthuse you and I look forward to your continued support.

Thank you, friends, for keeping me company, in my post retiral journey!!

I enjoyed walking holding your hands and I have miles to go!



8 comments:

  1. Hi Kapali,

    Congrats on your Century!
    There are many, including me, who want/wanted to write a blog, but could not do so. This is enormous, continuous effort, needing full enthusiasm. Obviously, Kapali has IT!

    Keep blogging!
    Like ramanuja's blessings, have many more centuries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SSV for your encouragement and support - Kapalee

      Delete
  2. wrote on 2-May-2012:

    Beautiful and humble post, sir. Have so much learn from u though I really don’t sit right next to you :-) :-). Everytime I read your thoughts through blog am happy and content that I came across this person not just as a person, but a mentor, boss, go-to person for anything.

    Am really really glad that we met, we associated and more importantly we are still in touch JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. rema viswamani on 02-May-2012 wrote :

    "Congrats, as far as I am concerned this is a bigger acheivement than Tendulkar's 100's "

    ReplyDelete
  4. mantrala lavanya wrote on 02-May-2012:

    " Congrats on your century!! Wish you hit more than sachin and stand like DRAVID solid batsmans :).. Super Six like gangully.. Statergy like Dhoni...

    Am not good in writing. but you were also one the person, who made me to read some of your blogs,but catchy words in the subject line and more info to mould ourselves..

    Keep Writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the talent to write and the time to think and put them down on the key board. Good job. Keep it up

    V Rajendran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rohini R wrote on 02-May-2012:

    ..... Truly impressed with the way you have delivered your 100 th post sir J Hearty Congrats on it. It is not an easy task to keep your blog so active after your initial start on it.

    Sometimes I have been a silent reader, sometimes the articles makes me think and sometimes I have also implemented few of the thoughts that you have shared across. So definitely it has been a basket full of nourishing fruits with each one having its own flavor. J It truly nourishes one’s thoughts and ideas to share, feel and implement it..!!! ........

    This one line truly says it all -> “I could by no stretch of imagination compete with Sachin but here I notice that I too had a yawning gap between the 99th and 100th posts!!“ Well written it sir.

    Sometimes the best things happens after you have done with what are you supposed to do J . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. duraiswamy srinivasan wrote on 02-May-2012:
    Great! Congrats. Keep your flag high!!

    ReplyDelete