Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Friendship

As I set out to reveal my thoughts , I noticed that this is the 50th post in my blog. What better topic to discuss than "Friendship", on this milestone post !

Few days back, I sensed an unusual traffic on all  social networks buzzing with emotional and at times tear jerking words about friendship and realized that it was on the occasion of the Friendship Day being observed on the 7th of August! True, everyone will pause , think and smile on the word "Friend" , as it will be very rare to find one who does not have a friend in life!

I just wanted to find out who are those friends that come to my mind immediately on hearing this word. Following are some:

Sai - My childhood neighbor in East Mada Street of Mylapore and the first friend I could remember. I believe he has set up his own watch repair shop and doing a good business

Nat of Mylapore . He is still there at the same place but the gap in years and diverse activities have so distanced our thoughts and memory that he even failed to recognize /acknowledge , when i smiled at him at the same old Mada street

Sachi & Swami - School mates from 6th to 11th standard. Both are well educated and well placed at Mumbai. Our Old boys association of the Alma Mater has managed to keep this thread alive

Murali, Raghavan and Ramanjum- Very thick during College days, where we had a memorable time. Murali , though has gone very high in education and by profession,  exhibited the  same warmth when we met few years back and revived the contacts

There was this studious guy, who jelled very well and was very close during my career forming years between College and first job. Unfortunately, fell out due to differing opinions and were separated. Despite the best of efforts , this could not be revived and whenever I travel back, there is still a sharp pain about this friendship !!

There were some friends, who contributed to where I am today.  Always interested in my welfare and supportive to my acts. When I was at the crossroads, one of these came as a Manna from the heaven and helped me to go after my pursuit. I can never forget this friend in my life. 


At the Bank, there were many and to mention some, its going to be difficult , as  its a long list. These are friends with whom I could maintain the same level of friendship even without meeting them for years. The discussions we had at Drive in, Kofe Te,  Gandhi statue and  RUNS are unforgettable ! These are friends who stood by the toughest phase of my life , advised, supported and encouraged. There were some who transported me back and forth to office, when I was immobilized due to an accident.  That we maintain this warmth and understanding even after 26 years is a tribute to the word "friendship".

The very thoughts of going down the memory lane with friends has made me happy and with this  happy thought and on this happy occasion, I would like to wind up with  some of the impressive quotes I came across on friendship.

"Stars has 5 ends
Square has 4 ends
Triangle has 3 ends
Line has 2 ends
but Circle of the friendship has no end..
."

Wait for a friend and you will keep waiting. Go out to be a friend and you will find a whole new world waiting for you

We make friends...
Some become Dearest :)
Some become Special :)
We have crushes on some:)
Fall in love with someone :)
Some change their cities :(
Some leave us :(
We leave some :(
Some are in contact :)
Others are not :(
Wherever they are,
However they are,
We still remember them because the part they played made "MEMORIES" in our lives.

"Are you upset little friend? Have you been lying awake worrying? Well, don't worry...I'm here. The flood waters will recede, the famine will end, the sun will shine tomorrow, and I will always be here to take care of you.”

Thank you, friend, for reading this post !! For being with me through many of these 50 posts !!

Happy Friendship Day..... For friends, it is never too late.

1 comment:

  1. On 9-Aug-2011, Rohini R wrote "First of all, congratulations on your 50th post..!!!! J Superb sir. I am so happy that I am a frequent visitor of your blog.
    This article, truly deserves to be the 50th one sir… Awesome, nicely written, which makes me to improve my writing. It makes me remind of my college days and the days how we spent. All cherish able memories…!!!

    Thank you for sharing this article with me sir. This is an auto generated mail right..?? J

    Please give us more posts like this. I would always love to read it..!!!!! J "

    ReplyDelete