Sunday, February 6, 2011

Why do I Blog?

I was wondering as to why, of late, I take refuge into my amateurish writing skills to express myself. Where was this urge, so far, to put these thoughts and how were they given vent to ? 

First and foremost, I have now more spare time at my disposal and I can afford to think on these thoughts and give a shape. These thoughts have of course surfaced periodically but the urge to convert them into full grown paragraphs have been snuffed out by paucity of time, as I had been living my literary life, more as  Irwing Wallace's Sunday Gentleman! But then why blogging?

Blogging does not demand any investment, as I create my own space at no extra cost.

I don't need to worry about publishing my thoughts and about returned unaccepted posts from the publishers. It gets published automatically and is always available. 

It gives me a good opportunity to convert my primitive thoughts into an organized cluster of sentences.

I don't need to worry about the acceptance of the views expressed. It is more like my personal journal and only a straying soul is likely to stumble across my views and thoughts.

Provides good opportunities to learn and sharpen my vocabulary , frequently refer to the dictionary and beef up my own lexicon!

Last , but not the least, it enables me to think clearly, whenever I get up early , at the unearthly hour of 4 AM, as I do today!

Sure I have more, but reasons enough , to continue pecking on the keyboard !

No comments:

Post a Comment