Sunday, January 1, 2012

My New Year Gift


As posted elsewhere in this blog, I have a habit of extracting the sayings, quotations and impressive sentences from any book I read and this collection called 'Takeaway' has now crossed 75 pages. This is a collection of thoughts by various authors and I draw inspiration by periodically browsing through this collection. Whenever I am in a different mood or during mood swings, when I go through the occasional depressions and low points, I have found this handbook very supportive and after going through some of the pages I will definitely be more charged and this is my trusted companion now for years. These are from such illustrious thinkers and personalities of eminence whose thoughts are worthy of emulation and the authors range from Veda Vysa, Valmiki,  Mahathma Gandhi , Winston Churchill, Benjamin Franklin,  Robin Sharma, T T Rangarajan, Paramacharya, Mark Twain, Confucius  to name a few.

During my recent visit to this book, I was wondering why should not I customize this reading in such a way that instead of my reaching for the book let the sayings float before me perennially .  Making use of the technology available which is waiting to serve, I decided that a better way will be to put them in small readable bullet point lists and make slides, which could also be made as a screensaver. I experimented with the idea for some time and it seem to meet my purpose.

I thought it was a good idea to keep sharing such PowerPoint slides periodically to all my well wishers, my friends connected through various social networking groups and also to the followers of my blog. But then, however close one is , it is not necessary that all my likings are to be liked by others. So, my forwarding the same could also be construed as unnecessary mail traffic by some and I wouldn't fault if some think so. So, I have decided to share these slides only to those who are interested.

I presume, the very purpose of the social networks and blogs are to share the good that we have and receive such good ones from others too. So, those who are interested (in receiving a slide periodically say every fortnight) could  express your willingness by making a comment in this blog or can also mail me at: mail2kapali@gmail.com . I will be extremely pleased to share my peace and bliss and will be more happy if it could please you, too.

This I feel is the best gift to start the year 2012.  

2 comments:

  1. FORTY YEARS OF COMPILATION ...!
    I AM IMPRESSED.
    I AM A LAZY FELLOW. TRYING TO ENJOY TH FRUITS AND SWEETS WHICH WERE GIVEN TO ME, THOUGH I AM A DIABETIC.
    YES, I AM A PARASITE. BUT I COULD NOT TAKE AWAY YOUR ENERGY, STRENGTH, INSIGHT ERC. FROM YOU.
    I WOULD BE PLEASED TO SEE YOUR COMPILATION. PLEASE INCLUDE ME IN THE LIST OF PERSONS ENTITLED TO RECEIVE YOUR PPP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Sure, I will keep sending you the updates

    ReplyDelete