Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Starts


Early this morning, while I was on my usual stroll down the electronic path and travelling world-wide through web, I was pleasantly greeted by my one time team-mate, who worked in my team some 7 years back. Responding from somewhere in US, he has been following my thoughts and writings closely and had some few good words for me. Coming as it did at 4:30 AM, it certainly pepped me up! It's not only the good words, but also the remembrance, nice
thoughts, sharing of his ambitions, how he treats me as a mentor.. . . . . . I truly felt I had served some purpose in shaping the life of this young man.

Most importantly, the timing was important. It was by around 4:30 and what better way to start the day.

I read somewhere recently "You have to wake up every morning and trust this world all over again".

Where all these good starts help one, I was just ruminating:

In Cricket, they used to stay a good start is important.
When you join an organization, the first couple of weeks are important to understand the work, to make first impressions, to get first friends…
In College, when a new subject is taken up, first few chapters are important. It could have far-reaching effects. If impressed, you may go on to get a Doctorate  and could change your life.
The first few weeks of a business, where you learn the ropes, hands on exchanges with business partners, customers, peers, suppliers….
The first week at your new apartment, where you learn about the new neighbours, some of whom could stay with the rest of your lives as friends.
The first days of marriage, where one tries to understand the other . Perhaps, this has limited scope and meaning in the current age!
The first few hours afer a critical surgery, when the patient is convalescing.
The first steps of a kid, on its legs for the first time.
The first few days of the machinery - anxious users, sellers and manufacturers!
First few moments of a rocket launch.
So, the first few minutes/hours of the day, could perhaps make your day.
Be cheerful, at your creative best and filled with positive thoughts. Let us have a start that fits the day instead of a day with 'fits and starts'
Is this why, elders said "Well Begun is half done"!!

2 comments:

  1. rema viswamani wrote on 22-Mar-2012:

    "Reading this has really pepped me up. I hope it lasts thro' the day. Otherwise planning to read this ever morning. Hats off to you!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Good one sir. And most importantly, even your first few posts in your blog made it interesting to be a regular readers like me.!

    ReplyDelete